Certified Budget Workshops
Three Reasons to Attend a Certified Budget Workshop:
Registration has closed. Please contact Gary Sinclair or Lora Appenzeller for more information.
- Complete your certified budget
- Fill out your Aid & Levy Worksheet with the help of experts
- Take home a polished PowerPoint to share with your board and community
These workshops, co-sponsored by IASB and Forecast5 Analytics, are complimentary
for IASB members and geared toward superintendents and school business officials. We're offering more workshops this year than ever before, to cover more areas of the state!
Participants will leave with a completed certified budget, five-year financial projection and board ready presentation.
IASB Staff Experts
IASB staff experts will share a legislative update and IASB member resources at the beginning of the workshop.
Finance Support Director
Relations and School Finance
Instructional Leadership Provided by Forecast5 Analytics
Senior Analytics Advisor
Senior Analytics Advisor
Join our aid & levy and certified budget workshops with former school business official (SBO) Lora Appenzeller, former superintendent Gary Sinclair, and IASB Finance Support Directors Patti Schroeder and Shawn Snyder in a series of hands-on workshops to help you produce your FY 2021 certified budget.
They will lead you through these sessions and help complete your certified budget, calculate your school district's spending authority, state foundation aid, and property taxes using 5Cast™. 5Cast is Forecast5’s budget projection tool that simulates “what-if” scenarios so you can make better-informed strategic decisions.
After registering, Forecast5 Analytics will contact you with instructions on how to get your data loaded into 5Cast in order to have your model built in advance. Please bring your laptop computer with you to the workshop.
If you are currently not a user of 5Cast and are interested in learning more, we will provide you free trial access to the tool during this workshop. Click here
to learn more about 5Cast.
This workshop is complimentary for all IASB members. Workshops are one half-day
, morning or afternoon. Registration closes two business weeks prior to the scheduled date, so Forecast5 Analytics can load your district's data into the tool.
Choose from the workshop options below to find a location and date that best fits your needs!
- Wednesday, February 5 | Des Moines, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. FULL
- Wednesday, February 5 | Des Moines, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. NEARLY FULL
- Monday, February 10 | Charles City, IA | 8:30–11 a.m.
Monday, February 10 | Postville, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. CANCELLED
Tuesday, February 11 | Sheldon, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. CANCELLED
- Tuesday, February 11 | Emmetsburg, IA | 1–3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12 | Odebolt, IA | 8:30–11 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 12 | Fort Dodge, IA | 1–3:30 p.m.
Monday, February 17 | Bettendorf, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. CANCELLED
- Monday, February 24 | Avoca, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Monday, February 24 | Creston, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, February 25 | Chariton, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, February 25 | Eddyville, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Wednesday, February 26 | Mt Pleasant, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Wednesday, February 26 | Cedar Rapids, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Thursday, February 27 | Waterloo, IA | 8:30–11 a.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Thursday, February 27 | Dyersville, IA | 1–3:30 p.m. REGISTRATION CLOSED