- January 2020: The Census Bureau begins counting the population in remote areas of Alaska
- April 1: April 1 is Census Day—households can respond online, by mail or by phone
- June 2020 through July 2020: Census takers go door to door to count people who have not responded to the 2020 Census
- Dec. 31, 2020: The Census Bureau delivers the population count and the apportionment of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives by state to the president
- 2021: Initial 2020 Census data are made available to the public on census.gov
Additional information can be found on the U.S. Census Bureau’s website: 2020census.gov
Read an update from the U.S. Census Bureau
regarding the census timeline during the COVID-19 pandemic.